Response to complaints of animal cruelty and neglect are the primary responsibility of law enforcement agencies. The Vermont State Police serve all areas of the state except for those towns and cities that have their own municipal law enforcement agencies.

If you prefer to report by phone, please call the Vermont State Police or your local law enforcement agency directly.  In cases where you suspect an animal is in immediate danger, do not use the online form to report.  Call immediately!

Submit Your Complaint Online


The Vermont Cruelty Statute is available here:


Want to help Vermont’s animals?

Click here to support the Vermont Humane Federation!